Monday, November 21, 2011

A Classic....re-invented.

Back in 1989 a Brit by the name of Neneh Cherry had a modest hit called Buffalo Stance. (It was bigger in the UK than the US.)
My sister introduced me to the song and it forever became a go to song of happiness. I smile when I think of it, I smile when I hear it. I still love it. 

Today I was listening to Cher Lloyd's new album Sticks & Stones
Cher was discovered on the UK X Factor. I first talked about her here.
As I listened through her album a track caught my attention. It was one of those, "Wait! I know this, sort of." 
Cher has a song titled Playa Boi. It straight up samples, steals from Buffalo Stance. And still it makes me happy! It's a fresh take on the song and in my head is a #1 hit. I love it!

I'm pleased with Cher's album. She mixes genres and still manages to stay age appropriate (she's 17 I think). I hope Americans dig on her music. It's pretty bitchin.



Take a look at the original Buffalo Stance video. Then listen to Cher's song.


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...