Friday, January 4, 2013

The Holidays finally end and American Horror Story says "What? I'm awesome."

The Holidays. They come sweeping in, something akin to a mass hysteria with the shopping, traffic, and the changing of a year. My TV shows take a pause. Movies become "Oscar Worthy," and my Entertainment Weekly's get lost in the mail. All in all, my routine is thrown into a blender. And now it's over.
I'm happy 2013 is here. It will be an epic year for me. I'll be launching my new site: www.whynotmindy.com, making a short film, and making my very first feature film. There are other projects along the way and in between. This is the year. The changing year. But, not to worry, I'll still be blogging about TV, music, and movies. Speaking of TV...
What better way to start my 2013 TV viewing experience, than with the masterful American Horror Story: Asylum. Yeah, I said masterful, because January 2nd's episode was one for the books. It was a doozy. A jaw dropping piece of work that had me shouting, "That's how you start a new year, Motherf***er!" I, again, am not into spoilers or rehashing the episode, so I won't, kind of. So if you haven't watched the episode yet, stop reading....
Jessica Lange's character singing the "The Name Game." Wow. Ryan Murphy made glee happen inside the Asylum. And it was joyous, for that split moment. 
That scene is also Ryan Murphy's tease of what he wants to do for season 3, calling it "Evil Glamour." If that is, indeed, his theme for season 3, then I'm as excited for it as I am Season 3 of Homeland or season 8(?) of Dexter (what will Deb do??)
Ryan Murphy you get my trophy. You took me on a roller coaster of hate and love and intrigue. I hate you so much I love you. Or vice versa. Welcome all to 2013.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...