Friday, January 4, 2013

Hunger Games watched again....

So I watched Hunger Games again. First time through I was okay with the flick. I had read half the book and knew the general story line, so it was what is was. Now knowing that book 2 is soon to be released as movie 2, I'm way more intrigued. I have NO idea what is to come for Katniss or Peta, and I'm damned curious. However, the story reminds me of my favorite Stephen King novella "The Long Walk." I read that piece when I was a mere 20 years old and it has never left my thoughts, nor has my stomach churning changed. King's story is somewhat similar in the fact that the world watches as the youth fights for life. King's story far surpasses this first Hunger Games book, but I still look forward to how Hunger Games progresses.
Once upon a time, King's "The Long Walk" was optioned for a movie with Frank Darabont attached. But I've heard no more about that wonderful fantasy. Perhaps too good to be true? Maybe for me. What I love most about both these stories is the social commentary on our obsessive nature of reality TV. I'm a victim to such, so I call no one out on their secret love. My thought, my question is, how far will we go in our actual reality TV watching?
Would you watch a Katniss character try and kill others her age or a 12 yr. old boy walk so long and watch his friends drop dead beside him? I say, it's all a matter of time. We are but animals disguised in designer clothes and too expensive make up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...