Saturday, January 5, 2013

Addition to my films you should have seen in 2012....

Once upon a time I heard of the flick Butter which was being filmed in my current living location of Shreveport, LA. At the time I was totally stoked for the film starring Jennifer Garner and Ty Burell (Modern Family). And then somehow this movie got lost. It didn't receive great reviews and spent a very limited time at the theater. Tonight I discovered the movie on Netflix Instant View and let me say, it was damn funny. I don't get the bad reviews, really, cause it was a wonderful dark comedy with exceptional performances by Jennifer Garner and the oh so attractive Olivia Wilde. So I am officially adding the film to my "films not enough people saw in 2012."
A. Olivia Wilde is wonderfully dirty and funny.
B. Jennifer Garner plays a role I feel she was destined to play; an uptight mid-western housewife with dreams of power.
Watch this movie with an open mind and be ready to laugh, cause all the ingredients are there. Especially if you enjoy dark humor. Hell, the movie is about butter carving. Can you get more obscure? 2 thumbs up for surprising me. I went into this film thinking it would suck, but alas, it made me laugh. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...