Friday, January 11, 2013

Feeling Good and Other Weekly Updates

After two steroid shots and beginning steroid pills my face is finally back to normal (mostly). Yay! I can go out in public without the stranger's thought "botox?" So, yeah, feeling good, not perfect, but good enough!

Now for all my weekly thoughts that I was unable to blog about due to 'plastic surgery' mishaps. (That's a joke, I really was sick)

  • Dance Moms - Holy shit. Abby went and done it! In one of my favorite scripted reality TV moments the Dance Moms staged a silent protest against Abby. What did Abby do? She said, 'fuck 'um, I'll get a whole other dance team.' Brilliance!! I don't even care if the original team comes back next week or not, that episode is a true reminder why we subject ourselves to scripted reality TV. 
  • American Horror Story: Asylum - Two weeks in a row this show has delivered in a such a way that I take back all the negative I said in the begging. No spoilers, but a hint; vindication is beautiful, especially with a cigarette dancing in the fingers. Only 1 episode left! Oh my. I've already bought a ticket to whatever ride Ryan Murphy takes me on next season. And my theory is proving itself: Ryan Murphy makes incredible season 1s. 
  • Nashville - I've been listening to the soundtrack for days leading up to the winter premiere so I was very excited for the episode. It was good. No OMG, best moment ever, kind of episode. However, they did give us a new song. And I loved it:  



  • Pretty Little Liars - it's back. When I watch the episodes, I'm good. I follow the convoluted, twisted story pretty well. But, never ask me to tell you what happened, unless, of course, it was a mind blowing, "A" revealing episode. This show is addictive, I love watching it, but I never remember what I watched until the next episode. I'd say that is a good and a bad thing. 
  • Monk - Yeah, I know Monk is no longer on air, but it is on Netflix and I've been watching a lot of eps during my swollen Lindsay Lohan debacle. I'm sorry I dismissed this show while it aired. It's funny and Tony Shalhoub  deserved every Emmy he won.
  • Bonnie McKee - Just watch (on computer) if you are viewing via ipad or iphone Click Here!
 

  • Lastly, and most exciting: Justin Timberlake is teasing us with new music. It's been 6 years since his last solo album and virtually zero talk of a new album. Just yesterday he surprised the world with this little tidbit: 


Happy weekend folks. I will be watching some movies this weekend in preparation for my Oscar rants. Today: Life of Pi. Review to follow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are better!!! What was it? Did you ever figure it out? And are you all cranked up on steriods?

Chris Lyon said...

Just caught up on American Horror Story's latest two eps and I 100% agree! Moving so quickly now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...