Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday Poetry (there's two of them!!)

Untitled

What you want is to stray from bed
to what may be a couch or ledge
Don't look in any eyes
forget what's shouting behind their lies
push your future further away
focus on what makes you happy today
if it were any other time but now
the look you give me would carry sound
instead it lingers weightless mid-air
with nothing to do but stare
empty space behind wanton eyes
I think you want me to sympathize
how can I when you're not there
and all the signs are shouting beware
the risk I'd take on saving you
would take me barreling down the corkscrew
you have no interest in stepping back
I see your world so filled in black
and all you want is to forget
as you light and drag your last cigarette
laugh and smile and pour your liqueur
even you know, you're your own saboteur
I wish the look you gave me had carried sound
I swear, I swear, I would have stuck around.

12-11-12
Ⓒ mab


Serenity of Tone

The tones surround the ears
there's nothing else left to hear
beat upon the broken drum
all that's left equals a sum
drive into the open shine
find in that your own kind
and when you fall, like we always do
remember no one ever has a clue
trickery is what you'll find
be aware that all is twined
and Lucky You that finds the grace
that falls upon the lover's face
and romance is in the inhale
'tis nothing that is measured on a scale
and in that open tone you'll find identity
which is nothing short of pure serenity.

12-11-12
Ⓒmab

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...