Friday, November 9, 2012

Question of the Day: This is some serious shit.

Rihanna. She entered the music scene in 2005. By the end of the year she will have released 7 albums. 7 albums in 8 years. Not to mention the numerous featured songs aka Coldplay's Princess of China. She has just released her new video for Diamonds. One listen through and I can't get "Shine bright like a diamond" out of my head. Not cause it's brilliantly catchy, it's the way she says it, like a cracked out Minnie Mouse that's actually 40 and has smoked too many cigs. 
I've had a love
and extreme hate relationship with this far too pretty singer. I want to put out there that I haven't disliked or hated all of her songs. We Found Love is my JAM. Still love it and still love the video. I could name other songs I like or love, but, honestly, I don't care enough. 
She is in the media, the tabloids, instagram, blah, blah, blah. She's EVERYWHERE. And has been for 8 years. 
So my question, dear readers, is this: 
Wouldn't a year or two without Rihanna make for a more welcoming return?

Or did she drink some magic potion that made her drop dead gorgeous and talented, but only last a certain time and if she "relaxes" too long wrinkles and grey hairs start to show? 

Give me your thoughts readers. I'd love to hear them, even if at the end I'm the only one holding the torch demanding RiRi to take a fucking break.

Here's the video if you want "shine bright like a diamond" stuck in your head too.  CLICK HERE FOR BIG PRETTY VIDEO OF RIRI AND DIAMONDS




1 comment:

Girl With One Eye said...

To be frank I wish she'd stop singing ballads at award shows thinking she can sing them. Is that rude of me? Yes but it's fucking true. She's gorgeous yes, make a good dance tune oh ok. But I really haven't seen anything else original from her in those seven years. Her marketing team did wonders for her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...