Thursday, November 8, 2012

Let's compare, shall we? X Factor vs The Voice and Who sings Katy Perry better than Katy Perry

I've finally got caught up on the extravaganza that is The Voice and X factor. I watched The Voice first, fast forwarded most of it. I watched X Factor next and didn't fast forward much at all. That alone should tell me which show I'm enjoying more. But I won't let my trigger happy fast forward finger do the talking, I'll let the singing make my decisions, and maybe yours too.
On The Voice a contestant
sang Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Here is his rendition below. Or CLICK HERE FOR BIG PRETTY PICTURE 

Now, let's head over to X Factor and watch a 13 yr old girl sing the same song. Watch below or CLICK HERE FOR BIG PRETTY PICTURE 
What do you think? Just based on those two performances, which show is better? (*cough cough xfactor cough*) Also, she's 13!!

Now, moving on to my "Who sings Katy Perry better than Katy Perry?"
Also on The Voice (and my favorite performance of the night) a contestant sang Katy Perry's The One That Got Away. It is a good song, but Katy's voice just irks me. Or maybe its the constant playing of her songs that make me a bit crazy. Watch video below or CLICK HERE FOR BIG PRETTY PICTURE and decide 'Who sings Katy Perry better?'
Watching the performance above reminded me of one of my favorite moments from Glee. The Blaine & Kurt breakup. Blaine sings Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. I cannot begin to tell you how much my skin crawls when I hear the original. Again, great song, great lyrics, but ugh, I just get annoyed. Then Blaine (Darren Criss) sings the song on piano and well.....You tell me, 'Who sings Katy Perry better?' Watch below or CLICK HERE FOR BIG PRETTY PICTURE
So, my dear readers, I ask, in all seriousness, 'Who sings Katy Perry songs better? Katy Perry or everyone else? Let the riots begin! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...