Friday, November 9, 2012

I have no words. No, wait, I have plenty of words about the most appalling "doll" ever!

To start, just watch the video below or CLICK HERE FOR A JUST AS DISTORTED PICTURE


Now my words. I'm almost speechless. I remember being young, a child, and not having that much interest in dolls. I played with Barbie (mostly so my sister would play with me) and Rainbow Bright (she kicked-ass), but I never had a human like doll. I have zero recollection of wanting one and there is no memory that insists my mother wanted me to have one. (Bless you mom. And Bless you dad for probably never allowing it.)
What 7 year old child needs to understand the basics of breastfeeding? Geez, I'm 33 and don't
COMPLETELY understand it. (I'm without child, obviously). This isn't a useful tool for a young lady if she wanted to babysit. 
Could you imagine coming home from a date night with your hubby only to find some 14 year old child trying to breast feed your baby. Hello! Hand That Rocks the Cradle! Anyone?
The deep feminist in me is screaming. How come boys get kick ass toys that can expand their brains in science and technology and yet girls are STILL stuck with baby dolls, pretend ovens, princess dresses, and in this case, a breast feeding doll? What are we teaching young girls? Well, if you go hang out in the girls toy department at your local Target or Walmart (try not to look creepy) and just observe the toys, then you'll see that the marketing gods want girls knocked up, cooking, breast feeding with a tiara on their long beautiful locks of hair. Oh! and don't forget to stay skinny or your man will leave you.
Oh. The fate of women. Let's change that, please?
Rant done. Have a lovely weekend all. Stay tuned for my Skyfall review :) Ugh, why isn't there a female Bond equivalent? Ok, seriously, rant done.

3 comments:

Girl With One Eye said...

I agree with your rant entirely. I subtly sneak in things for my girl students about wanting more than to be a princess. :c One old me yesterday she wanted to be president, the other an engineer. They need better influences to expand there minds than dress up. But to be honest I played up Barbies up into I was 14. I use to have a whole soap-opera word created for them, probably why I love reality tv.


Shayne.

Girl With One Eye said...

world *

Unknown said...

love you Mindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...