Friday, November 2, 2012

An Acoustic night with Ansley and Ryan of Super Water Sympathy

Last night I was privileged enough to catch an acoustic performance from Super Water Sympathy. Let me correct myself, cause it was only two members of the band: Ansley (lead singer) and Ryan (drummer). 
So how does an acoustic set work with a singer and a drummer? Ryan plays guitar. And sings. And writes music (I'll get back to that). Uber talent happening. Oh! And Ansley plays guitar. And sings. And writes. And shakes a mean tambourine. 
First off, I wanna give props to the both of them, because the constant touring has really seasoned/perfected their performing skills. They radiated a smooth confidence. And Ansley's voice is BETTER than a year ago. I didn't know it could get better, but it sure did. Her voice was flawless. 
 
The set was early Christmas for me. They played songs from their first album: Spain, Cherokee, You Us Hey, Fiji Bop.  Here's Cherokee below Or CLICK HERE FOR BIG VIEWING.



They also performed a few covers: Tracy Chapman's Give Me One Reason, Jewel's Hands, Dixie Chicks' Traveling Solider, Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs. Robinson, and Journey's Don't Stop Believing.
Here is Ansley playing guitar and giving me one more reason to love her. (if you didn't get it, below is Ansley covering Tracy Chapman. Watch below Or CLICK HERE FOR BIG VIEWING.
 
A clever and fun part of the show consisted of "Battle of the Emos." Translated means, Ryan and Ansley performed songs they wrote back in high school. It was fun to glimpse into their tortured teenage souls. Watch below or CLICK HERE FOR BIG VIEWING



Finally, they performed a few songs from the upcoming album. I'm scratching my eyes out waiting to get my hands on that album!! The already crowd favorite Purple Poppies was even better acoustically. I'm mad at myself for not getting that on video. Uh Oh, their current single, was fab. But, it was the song Magnolia Parade that gave me chills. I need that song. Ansley's voice was like milky, bluesy heart break with a side of panache. CLICK HERE FOR BIG VIEWING


To end the show, and to my up most excitement, they performed Anthem. Written by Ryan (told ya I'd get back to his writing skills) the song is it's title. I've heard the studio version and it. is. epic. The song is actually on my repeat daily playlist of songs I'm addicted to. So, yeah, I peed my pants a little when they started the song. Watch below Or CLICK HERE FOR BIG VIEWING

It was an amazing show and I'm sad for those who didn't get out to see it. That was stupid of you. I hope they do another acoustic set in the future. I'll be there. Front row. Smiling like a child with toys. 
Special props to my hubby, Rob Senska, for holding steady and filming these performances with our tiny iphones. He's the awesomest!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...