Thursday, October 18, 2012

Something got trapped in an American Asylum. It might of been my brain.

American Horror Story Asylum. That's the proper title for this, miniseries, season, chapter? I don't know what to properly call it, probably cause this new format of storytelling, is in fact, new.? Yes, I add a question mark because, well...the picture below shows my face as I watched last nights episode.

That's my confused face. I'll also have a neck cramp. Notice the extreme head tilt? It's like my brain is forcing my head to one side or the other in hopes of understanding.
Now, if you haven't seen last year's American Horror Story, then stop reading, cause I may give spoilers. If you don't care or don't plan to watch, then please continue reading.
Number 1. There are returning characters. Or is it just returning actors? I don't really know yet. Cause this season they speak like they live in Boston. And because it is 50 years earlier, the characters act different. This blonde girl; confused.
Number 2. Aliens? Really? You're opening with Aliens? Wait Stop. I'm sorry. You actually open with Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine sexing up his new bride in haunted houses. Demented, but I kinda liked it. Back to the aliens. Yes. Aliens. I just got all "WHAT THE FUCK?!" in the first 10 minutes and the WTF moment kinda did a tale spin down into that stupid asylum. 
Number 3. The more I write about it, the more I know, I did not like this beginning. I'm still open for answers and connections, but I don't have that same feeling I did when I watch last year's first episode. 
Were my expectations too high, you may ask? No. BECAUSE I never watched a promo. I avoided trailers, teasers, interviews. I wanted this new story to unfold without cliff notes. Also, I wasn't too excited knowing that this chapter, season, part II, was taking place in an asylum. Seemed a bit too obvious for a show about haunted houses and dead people that appear alive.
Deep down I still believe that in a few more episodes (maybe 5) the puzzle pieces will fit together and my furrowed brow will turn into raised eyebrows and widened eyes. 
But, like Taco Bell at 2 am, I'm cautious. 
Aliens? REally? 
You got some explain' to do Mr. Murphy!
 

4 comments:

OverWorkedMom said...

I was not happy about the Aliens either. They don't fit in! I'm hoping it gets better from here!

Unknown said...

I was extremely disappointed myself! But whatever, I'll watch it

OverWorkedMom said...

what did you think of last night's?

Unknown said...

I haven't seen last night's ep yet. But it is on the agenda. I'll def post my thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...