Thursday, July 5, 2012

TV, Movie, LIfe Quick Shots

The 4th is over and I haven't posted in approximately 14 years. I think there is much to cover.
TV QUICK SHOT
So You Think You Can Dance is gonna be a good season. Excited.
-  Mtv's Awkward. is back. Still loving it. 
True Blood is making me all anxious. 
Newsroom is Sorkin at his best. Never expected to like it. But I do. 
-  Guilty pleasures like The Glee Project and Pretty Little Liars are rocking as much as ever. No complaints. 
Big Brother. I miss you. I'm very excited for your return to my living room 3 times a week. (I have no idea how I'll find the time, but where there's a will there is a way.) Btw, anybody tried to watch the copy cat version on ABC, Glass House? hahahaha. 
-  Special mention to Bunheads. It's like having a spin off of Gilmore Girls, which in turn has been filling this missing hole in my heart. Thank you Amy Sherman-Palladino for bringing small town, quick wit, and fast dialogue back to me in a soapy heart filled explosion of happy. 


MOVIE QUICK SHOT
- The Amazing Spider-Man was in fact amazing. The chemistry between the two leads is palpable. And Andrew Garfield OWNS this new Spidey character. Go see it IMAX 3D, because it is pure entertainment. It's what everyone should expect when watching a 3D movie or an IMAX movie. 
-  Ted. Oh Ted. It only took 1 minute into the movie before I laughed loud enough to surely annoy a theater patron. I didn't care, cause my laughs were plentiful and hearty. Mark Wahlberg shines in his best intentional comedic role. Seth MacFarlane is genius in his feature directorial debut and as the teddy bear himself. Give this man an Oscar for funny.
- Avengers! It may have been a bit ago, but damn that was a fun movie. 
- Moonrise Kingdom. Wes Anderson doing what Wes does best. He exists in bubble of genius that cannot be touched or duplicated by others. If you have liked/loved any Wes Anderson film, you'll surely enjoy this one too.
- Prometheus. I really liked this movie. It kept me on edge and curious about everything as I tried to link it all to the Alien movies. I'm not a Sci-Fi fan, but this movie, like Alien, this is top notch.
- I took my husband to go see Rock of Ages.
He and I had both seen the show on Broadway and Loved it! It was one of the most fun and exciting theater experiences I have ever had. 
The movie....well, it sucked. It was boring. Julianne Hough should never sing in my ear range ever again. 
The movie had some happy moments, but mostly it was disjointed and boring. Go see the stage experience and leave this "movie" version to rot away into oblivion. 
Last time I was this disappointment was when I watched the remake of Fame or any Katherine Heigl movie.

I have yet to see Magic Mike. But patients. I will. It's filled with hot men dancing and taking their clothes off. I WILL SEE THAT. I'm just waiting for the the theater to be less full. I don't want too much hormonal estrogen floating around. 

LIFE QUICK SHOT
Rob is on the final days of color correction and audio mixing our latest Bledska Works Production, "I'm Sorry For..." The rough cut is due Monday the 9th for the Louisiana Film Prize. We are hoping to picked into the top 20. If so, the short will play at the Festival October 5-7. If we win, that would be 50k in our pocket. Fingers crossed and prayers launched. And that is our life right now. Smartly so, cause 50K can change a life. 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...