Saturday, July 7, 2012

Obsessive Music

After 7 years of emptiness, Fiona Apple filled me up again. June 19th she released The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do. 
Have I been pleased? Oh yes oh yes! Plus, I'm on the count down to see her live in Nashville TN. Only 6 days left..... :)
Like all Fiona albums, I listen to each song over and over and over. And every time I find something new and wonderful within each song.
I'm picking Hot Knife to share today because, for me, it is the biggest surprise on the album. It. Is. Superb.
Can't listen? Click Here.

Sometimes I give Fiona a rest and listen to other music. Here is some music that is currently in my rotation. 

First, is Some Nights Intro by Fun. You all know Fun. from their overplayed hit We are YoungI liked that song enough to check out their album,which is very Queen-esque. But my favorite is the first two tracks. I do believe that Some Nights is their current single. There is a video and such, but it's the Intro that fucking rocks. And it just so happens that their is a video for that too!!!
I literally cannot listen to it just once. At least twice, but usually three times in a row. It just grabs me.
Favorite lyric: Waiting for catastrophes, imagine when they scare me
Into changing whatever it is I am changing into...

Can't view it? Click Here.
 
Next song I blame Kelly Clarkson. She sang it on Duets and now I can't stop singing it. Sometimes the country comes out of me and I just let swing free. So Thanks Kelly for introducing me to Miranda Lambert's Mama's Broken HeartThis song is fun. Listen closely to the first line second verse as she pronounces Baptist with a sweet disgust. Masterful.
 Can't listen? Click Here.

Lastly is the sugar pop crack that I'm addicted to. Makes me wanna dance, sing, and pretend I have a size 2 ass. I first heard this song about 3 months ago and it is STILL my happy go to song. And the video is memorizing. Kat Graham's Put Your Graffit on Me. I know I've put this video up here before, but I don't think it got across to you all. So Check It Out!
Can't view it? Click Here.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...