Monday, December 5, 2011

I mention strong story lines and then this.....

Anybody watch Lady Gaga's 14 minute long music video for Marry the Night?  It's directed by Gaga I do believe and its.....14 minutes long. I watched it all.
I like the subtle nods to Flashdance and Madonna. And the opening monologue. Besides that, I get a bit lost. It's like being privy to somebodies fucked up dream. Nobody really wants to hear about dreams over lunch or a cocktail much less see it, right? Evidently I'm wrong, cause the video has almost 10 million hits. 
So be a sheep and watch it too, I guess.
OH. I'm hoping the video is Gaga's way of killing her latest persona and allowing space for something new. But, I'm probably just hoping for simple. I wonder if Lady Gaga can give us simple. 
There is often beauty in simplicity.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...