Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I need to throw up a little Glee

I'm about to talk about last night's episode of Glee. If you have not watched it yet, then stop reading now.
SPOILERS ahead.

The episode was filled with so much sugar that it made me a little nauseous. This first half of season 3 has had its up and downs for me. Mostly ups. But this episode....
Let's start with why New Directions won over the other two glee clubs.
Ready.
New Directions sang 3 songs to the others 1 song. Makes no sense. 
Mike Chang's father finally sees his sons potential through those performances and miraculously changes his point of view, allowing his child to pursue his dream. Very Hallmark moment. Barf moment. That story line has repeatedly made me tear up and then they go and wrap it up so nice and tidy and blah blah blah....
Quinn finally showed some singing sass with the opening of Janet Jackson's Control, but then only sang back up. Lame. If that song is to represent her change, then let her damn well sing it. 
The ending was a bad Fame moment of hugging and laughing and singing, which generally I love, but this felt strangely forced and like an over sweetened chocolate pie that is inedible. 
There is another episode before Christmas break, but damn it, it's a Christmas episode. I'm sure only Christmas songs will be sang and I'm sorry world, not a huge fan of Christmas songs. 
All in all, I was left unsatisfied and feeling guilty, and not the kinda of lovely guilt that accompanies such programs as Gossip Girl. (Which, bravo GG, you are rocking this season out! Love you)

Anybody else feeling a little empty from last night's episode?
Bah humbug.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...