Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mindy's Summer TV Awards

Fall TV is in full swing, putting an end to Summer's line up. Here's a quick recap of my favorite Summer 2011 TV programming. (There are a few gems :))

Award for Most Pleasantly Surprised: Awkward. (MTV)
         This show came out of no where and it pleased me so. This witty, clever, high school comedy won my heart and generated a lot of giggles. Imagine: 
Clueless + Can't Hardly Wait + Juno + My So Called Life = Awkward.

Award for OMG Reality TV Moment: Dance Moms (Lifetime)
If ya like dance AND reality TV, then this reality show is for you. And it was NEVER short on drama. Here's one of my favorite OMG moments:
I so hope I get a season 2. And 3. And 8. 


Award for Biggest Crying Moment: The Big C (Showtime)
 The finale had me sobbing. I don't like spoilers, so if you haven't watched or are not caught up on this show, no worries, I won't ruin anything. 
But the video below sums up my finale cry (thank God I was alone): 



Award for Best Finale to Set Up a Movie: Entourage (HBO)
Ari Gold = One of the best TV Male Characters ever. Who knew that there would be such growth and depth and sometimes warmth nestled inside such an ass. The movie better happen cause I sure will miss me some Ari. 

Award for Best Sex on TV: True Blood (HBO)
Damn good season. So much hot man on this show. Wow. Thanks Alan Ball. 

Honorable Mention Summer Smash Hits:
The Glee Project: So much singing! And some drag? Sold.


Platinum Hit (Bravo): Again, so much singing! I loved, loved, loved this show. It's a competition about song writing. Hello! Genius. I really hope this gets a 2nd season too. And props to Jewel who was a very lovely host. 


Big Brother (CBS): I'm a crack addict for this show. And this season was GREAT!

And that rounds out my summer lovin'. 
What shows got you through your summer? Post a comment, email me, I'd love to hear :)


 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...