Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ryan Murphy and His American Horror Story

I didn't watch a single promo, trailer, teaser for American Horror Story. I watched the pilot scrictly based on the poster (see below) and it's from the f***ed up mind of Ryan Murphy. And I'm talking the Nip/Tuck Ryan Murphy, not the Glee Ryan Murphy. Yes, I know technically its the same person, but come on, there has to be some bipolar issues in that brain of his.

So, my thoughts on American Horror Story? Uh, well....I am.....cautious. I stuck out all seven seasons of Nip/Tuck, but will never be able to tell you why. It got so awful, but I couldn't NOT watch it. I sense AHS heading in that direction and only the pilot episode has premiered.

Did I like the editing?  I don't know. It was different, but may be too stylized and eventually become annoying.
Did I enjoy the story?  Eh. I don't know.
Did I like not knowing who is alive and who is dead? yeah. Kind of.
Did I like seeing Dylan McDermott's naked body? Yes.
Will I keep watching? Yes. Yes I will. I don't know if I'll like it or myself, but it's like some little Ryan Murphy devil serpent crept up in my mind and literally forces me to watch all his work. 
He's crack. 
And crack is whack, but that don't seem to stop the cravings. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...