Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Greatest Time of the Year......FALL TV

I love TV. All TV. Bad, good, shameful, embarrassing, reality, funny, angsty....I'll pretty much watch it all. At the end of August, every year, I receive Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV Preview.  It is by far my favorite magazine read of the entire year. (Sometimes Fall Movie Preview can rival, but we'll get to that later)
The day I receive the magazine I head to my local Starbucks and begin to schedule my Fall TV line up. Yep, you read that right, I schedule my TV watching time. This year is off the charts with 13 brand new shows I'm excited to watch. I expect half of these shows to be shit and I will eventually give them up, but the excitement for "new" palpates my heart. 

I'm not gonna give you detailed reviews that bore you. (Don't you hate that? It's TV, not rocket science!) I'm a lover of TV. If you entertain me, I'll watch you. Easy said. Easy done. I'm not a snob, hell, I've watched every episode of One Tree Hill! At times that show is laughable bad and sometimes I actually cry. And I embrace it all.

My First Review :   2 Broke Girls  CBS Mondays
I love Kat Dennings and she is the only reason I wanted to watch this show. I was skeptical by the promos, I tend to dislike laugh tracks, but any beautiful, curvy, funny girl will draw me in. So late last night I sat on my couch with my also skeptical husband and we began the show......and we laughed out loud! Kat's character is sassy and smart and quick witted. She bears a confidence we wish we all had, but is still laced with a perfect vulnerability that makes you want to be around her.  2 thumbs up......for now.    It could still go downhill quickly, but I'll definitely be tuning in next week. AND so should YOU!

Last Week Sum Up Reviews:  Ringer  CW Tuesdays, Up All Night  NBC Wednesdays, Free Agents  NBC Wednesdays
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my all time favorite shows. Of course I was going to watch Ringer (its stars TV vet Sarah Michelle Gellar). And it was, watchable. I fear it might be too soapy for some, but I do feel it's potential. I love when SMG plays bitchy (Kendall anyone?) and she does have a bitchy character. So my final verdict: We'll see. I'm tuning in, but please keep it fresh and don't weigh us down! 1 thumb up.


Up all Night: Just watch it. Just watch it. Three comedic genius are blessing our TV screens every Wednesday night. Watch it for laughs and I bet some tears. And where else can you hear "Our baby is so f***ing cute!"  TWO big thumbs up.

Free Agents: It may it lost behind the glory of Up All Night, but potential is there. I had some laughs. Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn are also a comedic geniuses, but we'll see if they can shine after a month. I'll tune in again....1 thumb up.


Below is a scrap of my TV line up. the little *indicates new TV. 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...