Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekly Update: Sliver Lining Review, New music, Acapulco

I've finally kicked the strange aliments that plagued me during last week. Now it's time for a recap of the week.

  • I finally got to see Silver Linings Playbook. I've been anxious to see this movie, especially after all the nominations (8 Oscar nods including Best Picture) and wins thus far (Jennifer Lawrence won a Golden Globe). My expectations were high for this film. Maybe too high, cause when I left the theater, I was just fine with the movie. Just fine. I didn't feel anything. I knew I watched a solid Romantic Comedy, but I didn't feel like I had watched an Oscar Nominated Romantic Comedy. The performances were fine. The story was good. Again, it was a solid movie. But, I'm unsure if it deserves the Oscar love it's getting. Maybe a second watching would yield a different feeling within, but, to be honest, I don't really want to watch it again. 
  • Lance Armstrong admitted to doping. Lol. Yes, I find this funny.
  • American Horror Story: Asylum once again delivered a fast paced wonderful episode. Only 1 episode remains, and I am on the edge of my seat. I'm still waiting/hoping that this last episode will give a connection to season 1. 
  • Justin Timberlake and Ashlee Simpson both returned to the music scene this week. JT gave us a new single, Suit & Tie that kinda bored me and Ashlee gave us a full music video for her single Bat for a Heart. It is weird, but I almost like it. 


  • In the funniest news (to me): Gossip Girl lives! in Acapulco. Yes, Gossip Girl: Acapulco is real. I'm gonna learn spanish just to watch! Here's a 5 minute teaser. Oh my, did it make me laugh. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...