Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Do we care? Does it matter?: The Lip Syncing Edition

The President is inaugurated and all we can talk about is rather or not Beyonce lip synched the National Anthem. Does this information really matter? I've watched the video and honestly, I have no idea if she lip synched or not, and I don't really care. It's not like this is a SNL Ashlee Simpson debacle. Yes, I would have found it way more entertaining if Beyonce's prerecording had skipped. That would be national news! Can you imagine?! Lol. The fact is, that didn't happen and Beyonce sounded great. I can not conceive of the pressure surrounding any of the singers at the inauguration. 
Here's my quandary; Let's say Beyonce did lip synch, like it's a fact. Would she have the same backlash that Ashlee Simpson did? Or would we forgive her because she's proven herself time and time again?
What really gets me saddened by our national news is that Beyonce's may or may not of is the top story. Do we really care? Should we really care? Aren't there better stories to report on?
Also www.whynotmindy.com has a launch date. Click it :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...