Thursday, November 15, 2012

American Horror Story, I am now on board.

I've been hard on American Horror Story Asylum. I freely admit it. I had my head set that this "season" should connect with "season 1." 
Perhaps if I had started Asylum with an open mind, my disappointment wouldn't have been so high. 
Something happen last night during the latest episode, I found myself enjoying the show. AND, I almost got scared. 
American Horror Story has been renewed for a third "season." I keep using quotes on the word season because I'm still unsure how this show fits into the norm of serialized shows. 
There I go again trying to box up this show into something tidy. It just isn't. It's doing something new and I accept that now. After letting go of my preconceived notions of HOW I thought the show should run its course, I realized I was on the wrong course. 
Week to week I've bitched about the show, but I sure was filled with anticipation for each episode. 
Maybe it was last nights episode that turned me upside down, spanked my bottom, and yelled "This is the track, get on or get gone."
So, I'm on. Full out on board. 
As far as Season 3 is concerned, Jessica Lange has already committed. No other words just yet on the other actors. I'm curious to where and when the next installment takes place. 
I said before that Ryan Murphy is excellent at Season 1s. That's what he's doing, is it not? I think he found the way to be awesome at the same show every year; keep the title, the theme, but change the story. Sophomore slump avoided. Bravo Ryan. Bravo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...