Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nashville is my new Revenge as far as addictions go

Around this time last fall I was ranting and raving about the pilot episode and upcoming full season of Revenge. I knew that show was going to be a smash, at least for 1 season.
Well, I've just finished watching Nashville. And let me say, it's the new Revenge. This show is gonna have me clamoring for Wednesday nights like an addict waiting for a fix. 
Let's start with Hayden Panettiere's character (Juliette Barnes): bitch scares me. She is the epitome of what is wrong and sometimes right with music, acting, and young fame. Her shift from sweet to mean is effortlessly perfect. Also, it's fascinating to see such strength and wanting in a young ingenue's eyes. 
Onto Connie Britton's character Rayna Jaymes, as the aging country singer whose career isn't as top notch as it used to beRayna despises the upcoming Juliette, but what's so great about that is I'm sure Rayna was the same way at that age, just with more natural talent, perhaps? 
The other main character is Nashville, the city itself. The politics, the music, the heart ache, the beauty, serve as the underlying character that really moves everything forward and sometimes backwards. 
All in all, Nashville is my favorite pilot of the Fall 2012 season. That's hard to say, cause Matthew Perry's show Go On is impecible, but I'm just a sucker for drama and music shoved into 42 glorious minutes. 
I'll leave you with "If I Didn't Know Better" sung at the end of Nashville. The song is brilliant. And if you didn't know, it's a Civil Wars song. But that's okay, cause these actors do it justice. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...