Friday, October 26, 2012

American blah de blah blah

I generally ripped apart episode of 1 of American Horror Story, now for episode two, I'm, uh, just blah.
It didn't annoy me as much as the first episode, but the number one thing missing: being scared.
Let's venture back to the man in the rubber suit. Weren't we all a little scared and yet so intrigued by him? Now we have James Cromwell as a demented Dr./scientist that probably gets his knickers off to bounding and killing women. Where's the intrigue in that? And for me, there was nothing scary about his overtness. But I did get a giggle by the way he held his junk. It seemed so forced, pun intended. 
Good point: I enjoyed the demon possession and getting a little back story on the ever so bitchy Sister Jude. I even more enjoyed the transfer of the demon to the ever so lovely virgin nun. AND I will enjoy watching that demon torment James Cromwell using the innocent flesh of a virgin to hopefully bring out his beast for the world to see. All in all, I still have hope, but it's still no Season 1. 
Oh the comparisons we have to live up to. Sucks for you Murphy. Remember season 1 of Nip/Tuck? yep! And then it all went down hill. And even with Glee, season 1 soared, and the following seasons are still trying to live up that. Is Ryan Murphy great at just season 1 shows? That's my question to you, my dear readers. Is Ryan Murphy like champagne? Drink it all quickly, cause it soon will go flat.

1 comment:

Girl With One Eye said...

I haven't watched any of the new season, and so fair from reading your posts I don't think I'll be giving it a chance.

Have you watched Mockingbird Lane? I want it so badly to turn into more episodes :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...