Saturday, September 8, 2012

A hint of Fall....Fall TV preview :)

the first hint of fall breezed in today carrying with it the EW's Fall TV Preview. The gods shined down on me today, delievering perfect weather, perfect drink and an appropriate amount of alone time. It's nice to lean back, espresso martini in hand, and think, "Right now, I wouldn't change a thing."

Here is Part I of my Fall TV Breakdown (the brand new show edition.
Last fall I was overwelhmed by the new TV programming. Some great shows came out and some not so great. Luckily this year I only have 11 new shows that peak my interest. Let's observe:

1. Nashville - premiering Oct. 10
   Breakdown: It's like the movie Country Strong, but inevitably better. The show is being heavily touted as the show to watch. I was in when I heard singing. Yes, there will be singing, country style. Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton star: and sing their own music. Got to love multi talented people. excitement rating *****


2. Revolution - premiering Sept. 17
    Breakdown - what happens when all electricity stops working? That alone has me interested. Plus, JJ Abrams is involved. This will be an amazing show or will turn into a Terra Nova. 
excitement rating *** 


3. Go On - premiering Sept. 11
    Breakdown - who cares cause it has Matthew Perry being snarky and funny. If you are savvy enough you can watch the pilot already. I have and I am DAMNED excited. Filled with laughter and heart wrenching moments. I'm very excited for episode 2 so I can see if it will be as good as the pilot. excitement rating *****


4. The New Normal - premiering Sept. 10
     Breakdown - This new comedy comes from Ryan Murphy. So naturally, I'm in. But also, I really like the premise. A gay couple want a baby and they hire a surrogate to carry the little bugger. Thus, being the new normal. Ryan Murphy always tries to push the line and I love him for it. excitement rating ****


5. Partners - premiering Sept. 24
     Breakdown - From the team that brought us Will & Grace are back. This time they got rid of Grace and replaced her with a straight man. I'm in. excitement rating ****

6. The Mindy Project - premiering Sept 25
       Breakdown - It's Mindy Kaling aka Kelly Kapoor from The Office. This female is brilliant. She was a producer and frequent writer on The Office and now she's headlining her own show. Bravo.
excitement rating ****

Stay tuned to tomorrow and I'll round up my new show interests! 
Happy watching!
also, check this
www.facebook.com/Imsorryforshort

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...