Sunday, July 22, 2012

I went and did it. Plus, other random thoughts

I've asked for opionions and I've drawn out many versions over a couple of months, and now I've finally done it. I got my 7th tattoo.

In case you cannot figure out what it is....
It is a peacock with the text "The in between is killing" which connects the head and tail. 

All my tattoos materialize from some time period in my life. This is my biggest tattoo and probably my most personal. The text came from a poem I wrote about a dear friend who is no longer with us. For her, the in between was killing her.
But what I love about the line is that it applies to so many other aspects of my life.

I'm very happy with it. Shout out to Fortune and Glory tattoo shop on Line Ave. Matt was patient with me and very professional. I recommend the place!

Other news....ump, I think dear ol' fucker James Holmes has been dominating the news. I choose to no longer read about him, until, a guilty / death penalty are decided by a jury of his peers. I volunteer to be on that jury.

The Dark Knight Rises was wonderful. I hate that it's success could be soiled by such a twat.  Enough said. 


Now back to my vapid love of TV shows...
Big Brother is back and is it rocking my socks. I love the new twist this year and declare that Boogie looks like he is being eaten from inside himself. The sunken eyes and cheeks and pale skin. (I do hope he isn't really sick, but damn, he does look it.)


Newsroom is my new Homeland in terms of truly compelling television. However, I did just read that Aaron Sorkin fired his entire writing staff and is hiring anew for season 2. I'm not in the writing room, I don't know all that happens, but from my outsiders pov, I'm shocked. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Sorkin is notoriously anal retentive with writers and his shows. He seems to know what he is doing, so I reckon I'll just sit back and wait to see if Season 2 is as good as Season 1 is thus far.  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...