Monday, July 16, 2012

Fiona Set List and my thoughts....

Finally seeing Fiona was like a blind kid getting to see for approximately 90 minutes. (maybe that's too hard an analogy, but gather my point)
For a straight 90 minutes Fiona sang, writhed around on the floor, played piano, sang more, but never once talked to the crowd. Fiona is notoriously closed off, anti-social chick, so this came to no surprise to me, but I realize it saddened me just a bit. I was anxious to not only hear her sing, but to be witness to a small, small part of her speaking personality. But let me be clear, Fiona gave her all on that stage. She sang Shadowboxer with the same angst and passion that helped her pen such a perfect song.
Her set list was wonderful, playing songs from every album.
Here is the order:

Fast as you can
On The Bound
Shadowboxer
Paperbag
Anything We Want
Get Gone
Sleep to Dream
Extraordinary Machine
Werewolf
Oh Well
Daredevil
I Know
Every Single Night
Not About Love
Gone Away?? (cover song, never heard before)
Criminal
Another Cover song, never heard it before. 

I am nothing but happy with this set list. She played some of my favorites that made me squeal like a pig.
Strange thing: The Nashville crowd was so subdued that it was almost uncomfortable to cheer or move to the music. I say almost because Rob and I did it anyway. It's fucking Fiona people. Get happy! Stupid jaded Nashvillites.
I Know is one of my all time favorite songs, ever. So when Fiona stepped up close to the microphone and the song began, I dropped a few tears of joy, of happiness, of remembrance. 
And my sweet, perfect husband captured the whole song via his phone. I hope this can bring you, dear readers, a little pleasure and joy on this Monday afternoon. (Also, that's my voice at the end. LOL. I was happy).
*side note - Sara was with me. I left her floating in that church surrounded by perfect notes and harmony and tune. May she rest*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...