Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Accidental American Idol Viewing

Last night I was sitting with my sister and my mom and a sleeping baby (technically, the baby was in her crib in the other room) and I accidentally sat through American Idol.

I think I had long given up on this show for several reasons, the first being Simon. I miss his glibness and his chest hair. 
Secondly, there isn't enough singing and way too much f***ing fluff. I tend to just be annoyed.
But there I sat on my sister's couch overly involved in my cell phone and computer and my ears overheard some pretty good singing. Luckily, it was Hollywood Week, so there was a little more singing than usual. 
In a round about way, I was like a judge on the Voice: I listened, but never looked up to see what pretty or ugly face was singing to me. And I'll be damned, but I'll probably tune in to part 2 of Hollywood week and once again not look at what's happening, I'll only listen. (Maybe I'll occasionally glance at the TV to see again how beautiful Jennifer Lopez, then I'll curse out of jealously and stop watching again.)
Point of my Blog Post?
Sometimes listening IS better than watching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...