Friday, December 30, 2011

Best music videos 2011 : How Mindy sees it.

I'm a child of music videos. I grew up and came of age all while watching music videos. In high school, when I couldn't sleep I would put on CMT and watch country music videos because there was always a story being shown and it always lulled me to sleep. I'm not a big lover of country music, but music videos still reign supreme. 
So, as I countdown the best music videos, keep in mind, it's not always about the song!

10. Adele "Someone Like You" and "Rolling in the Deep"
She gave us two amazing songs and two amazing videos.


9. Eminem - "Spacebound" Great, beautiful storytelling.


8. Coldplay "Paradise"
7. Kanye West "Monster" This is the song that finally turned me on to Kanye. Might be my most obsessive song of the year. And when I try to sing Nicki's part, I just get happy. "I'm a motherfuckin' Monster!"

6. Kesha "Blow" This video 'blew' my mind. Unicorns and Dawson Leery? Yes, please!

5. Robyn "Call Your Girlfriend"  This video is absolutely incredible. It's one long take. 

4. The Lonely Island "Jack Sparrow"  Two words: Michael Bolton
3. Rihanna "We found a love"  I just love this drug induced love affair gone bad music video. It's seductive and bad for me. :)
2. Rachael Yamagata "Even If I don't"  Rachael's best video thus far. Cheeky, sad, happy. Everything the song is.
1. Beastie Boys "Make Some Noise"  !!!!!!So many Cameos!!!! and the Delorean! Sold. Also, Fight for your Right video was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. I thought it was hands down the coolest thing ever.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...