Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2 movie Review

My husband and I finally made it back to the theater for a movie. We usually see at least 1 movie a week, but life got busy and we hadn't been to the theater in a month :(  
We made it back, but we were not pleased. Our mistake was seeing  
In Time. We were both intrigued by the concept of the film so it seemed like a no brainer. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, here it is.....
Everyone is genetically engineered to stop aging at 25. From the moment they turn 25 they start living on time, literally. They get paid in time, they purchase things with time, etc. The "time" is shown in pretty green neon on the forearm of each person.

That's the concept. Pretty cool, right? Well, everything got lost in translation cause this movie was a freaking, unimaginative BORE!!!
I would not recommend this movie. It might be worth a viewing if it accidentally appeared in your DVD player and you didn't in any way actually pay any money. That way, the movie will only be sucking your time and not your pocketbook. (I had to have at least 1 time suckage pun!)  Final: 2 thumbs down. 


Second movie of the week was Melancholia.  I have been uber excited about this trailer for months. I am happy I got to see the film, but I don't know how I feel about the film. It's definitely an art house movie with it's 5 minute opening of extreme slow motion shots. Granted, these shots are beautiful. The cinematography is breath taking. But, the story? Slow. Muffled. Sad. Oddly intriguing. Is it worthy of Oscar buzz? Perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised. But, I'm sure I'll have a lot to say on Oscar buzz once I've seen more contenders.
And that's that. I can't seem to force myself to say anything more about the movie. Oh, wait....I LOVED the score. Haunting pieces of music. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...