Monday, October 3, 2011

Super Water Sympathy (happy happy joy joy)

Saturday afternoon/evening I braved the crowds of the Red Revel in Shreveport to see the band Super Water Sympathy.
I was lucky enough to be early and stake my place right at the stage. Perfect placement. 
My husband introduced me to this band. He had randomly seen them perform at Chicky's Boom Boom. He fell so in love that he bought a t-shirt and their CD. He has seen them perform 3 times now. However, the last 2 times, he's been behind a camera for work.  
That's him above at the Revel, shooting the band.

Now on to how much I ADORE this band. Their music is catchy, and cheeky, and the lead singer (Ansley) has a strong presence and an incredible voice. They mostly played songs from their album, Vesper Belle. They added some new original music (always a welcome) and did a couple of covers (TLC's Waterfalls!). Ansley has such a unique voice, you forget the song wasn't originally hers to start with. My highlight of the night was the performance of Fiji Bop from their album. The true fans went into hysterics when the band started this song, I too, got a little teenager happy with my screams. 
I WANT A VIDEO TO THIS SONG!
However, you can see a video to the song You Us Hey here :


Super Water Sympathy is a band you want to see succeed, or at least just hang out with in your garage and drink beer.
I'm very very very pleased I went to see them perform. I hate crowds. A lot. But SWS made it worth the mini panic attack. 
So that's my line, I braved a panic attack to see this band, I think you can at least check out their music on their Facebook page :
Super Water Sympathy
And then buy their CD. It's on itunes! Support local music. 
Support Awesome.
Oh! And here is a pic of me and Ansley. Yes, I was the fan before hand yelling, "Excuse me! Excuse me! Can I have a picture?" 
She was very lovely and kind :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...