Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rant/Complain/Anger of the day/week/decade

Maria Mena has a lovely song called Homeless that is on her new album Viktoria. Well, in other countries, NOT USA, Maria has released a video for this lovely song.
Here's my beef....I search the interweb for that damn video and it always brings me to a video that is about to play but suddenly a text pops up reading "Video not allowed in Country."

WTF? 
Why release a video and not let American's see it? (Yes, I understand how that sounds!)
But, really?! I'm sure a day will come and I'll be able to view the video. But, I'm American, and I want it now!
This did get me thinking about worldwide music and how much music is closed off to me.
Every country has their own itunes, their own youtube, etc...
example: Maria's album was available on the German itunes 3 weeks before it was made available on the US itunes. 
What about all that music that isn't made available? Why are we as humans so closed off? I want more foreign music! America is boring me. Yeah, I said it.
So, dear readers, introduce me. Introduce me to some foreign music. Or at least direct me to a website that is filled with more international music information than I can handle!


Any takers? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...