Monday, October 10, 2011

Homeland = Homerun

I had my reservations about this show. Honestly, I didn't want to watch it all.
Premise according to IMDB: Centers on Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody, who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson, a driven (and possibly unstable) CIA officer who suspects he might be plotting an attack on America.

This premise doesn't do much for me. War, terrorism, CIA, these are NOT key words that get me excited. Life is heavy enough, I generally prefer my TV with some fluff. However, Claire Danes stars. My So Called Life was a life changer for me. (I've dyed my hair red so many times trying to match that of Angela Chase's). I was, however, intrigued by her return to TV. Plus, reviews were really good. Not that I care. Again, I watch One Tree Hill, what do I care about reviews?!
My strange sense of obligation to a new, and possibly award winning Showtime series forced me to sit my ass down on the couch, suck it up, and just watch. 
The pilot ran at 53 minutes. When it was over, I just sat there, alone on my couch....and then I blinked. Cause, I don't think I blinked for a good 30 minutes of the 53. I didn't want to miss a thing.
I didn't blog right away, in fact, I waited till I could watch the 2nd episode. I needed to see if it still had the vibrato. It did.


So now my Sunday nights consist of a morally ambiguous serial killer (Dexter) and a possible American terrorist. Both on Showtime. Sounds too heavy, but damn it all, cause its pure, on the edge of my seat entertainment. 
With the loss of Entourage, Showtime is the new HBO. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...