Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oops. Ticket.

Today, as I am driving back from visiting my parents, I got pulled over. Dum, dum, dum....
Right before I was going to get onto I20 a passing cop flipped a bitch and the lights came on. I was totally unsure if I was speeding or not. In fact, I was in a driving heaven. I had the last of my Starbucks coffee, Madonna blaring through my Ipod, my window rolled down and my hair flapping in the wind.  I had just emptied my bladder and I didn't seem to have a care in the world.

Maybe my happiness payed off. The officer was a very pleasant lady. She ran my DL and after a bit returned to my window to inform me that she was only going to give me a seat belt ticket, instead of a speeding ticket. (I almost NEVER wear a seat belt, but for some reason, on this driving day, the seat belt was in place. This is irony right?) 

After instructing me to get a Louisiana Driver's license and register my car in Louisana, (3 yrs. here and I've failed to do either, obviously.) she sent me on my way with a motherly's advice, "Be careful and slow down a bit."

And I did. And I made it home. And a seat belt ticket is only $25. Cheapest Lesson Learned. Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...