Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Time at 32


 I'm not sure how I ever missed the circus as a kid, but I did. I've never been angry about it, it was just this elusive thing that kids do that I didn't. (I seem to have a lot of those)
However, my husband grew up going to the Circus and loving every bit of it. Just recently my Rob surprised me with my First Trip to the Circus. And it was everything I could have ever wanted it to be.

I rode an elephant. I glared at children. I marveled at the lions. My mouth hung open as the performing elephant danced around the ring. I ate a snow cone and popcorn. We bought an expensive, yet wonderful toy. And I saw a man shoot out of a canon and fly through the air 150 feet. It was marvelous. And really, for the price, it was so so so worth it. We spent 4 hours there! It was a long show, with intermission! I was impressed. And joyed. And happy. And in love. I'm a lucky girl. 


And more importantly, I love that I still get firsts. It's never too late to do anything. I probably appreciated the circus at 32 more than I ever could have at 8 or 12. 


Here's some pics, followed by a video!





 Snow Cone in a circus cup....a must!


 An expensive toy that is pretty and scares the shit out of our cat....a definite must

 Man on a motorcycle on a wire....Might be a bit epic :)


 Ride an Elephant with complete strangers? YES Please!



Rob happy at spinning neon colors? Priceless. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...