Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday morning musings: The Short Poetry Edition



Medusa  

tilt my head with a reassurance you can’t comprehend.
my eyes will bleed those lies swarming your mouth 

and tempting your tongue.


What really happens in the ladies room
two women in the bathroom so desperate for themselves
check makeup and panty lines hoping
to sleep in a more comfortable bed than their own.


Woe is me

I’m the girl i never was 
crooked in that zig-zag line
My head bumps the wall 
i can’t see straight at all 
and i bring the parts of me i can lift
leave the rest soaking in my pride
i see the way to the ending maze 
i see the way to go
but,can it be i like it? the way i sloth about. 
can it be i like it? the way my arm can always give out. 
   
                                                          Ⓒ mindy bledsoe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...