Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sneaking into TV world 2013. Check out some shows to look forward to!

As 2012 comes to an end I look forward to 2013 TV. Here are some new shows and returning shows to look forward to. *This is just a preliminary list, as the days pass and 2013 gets closer, the list will surely lengthen*

Girls - Season 2 - Showtime - January 13
I was enthralled with season 1 and have high hopes for season 2. Plus, Lena Dunham (creator, writer, actress) is brillant at only 26. Check out the trailer for season 2.

The Following - Fox - January 21 (New Show)
I'm a sucker for anything serial killer. I'll watch it all, good or bad. After watching the trailer for The Following, I'm guessing this show will fall right in the middle. And I'm okay with that. Plus, Kevin Bacon. Watch the trailer :)

Deception - NBC - January 7 (New Show)
I'm not really fawning over this show, but I'm curious. I'll watch the first couple of episodes to see if it has any lasting potential. 

Bates Motel - A&E - Spring Premiere TBA (New Show)
I've VERY excited for this show. It's like a prequel to Psycho, in the sense that Norman is a child and his mommy buys a motel. I'm so in. Watch these quick teasers below.

Cougar Town - Season 4 - TBS - January 8  

Cougar Town fans were excited when TBS swooped in and kept this series alive. Farewell ABC. Cougar Town doesn't need you. Watch the video below to see how the cast announced the network switch and premiere date. Clever. Wonderful. Pour me some wine. 

Community - Season 4 - NBC - February 7  ( In my heart it's October 19. )
NBC screwed this show around so much and for that I'll always have a black whole in my heart reserved for those NBC powers that be. First they fire the show runner and creator Dan Harmon from his own show, then they decide to just not air season 4 in the fall. I guess we are lucky to be getting these upcoming 13 episodes as opposed to none. Community is brilliant and self aware. Now, watch Troy and Abed talk about the strange switch-a-roo of premiere dates.

I hope these 6 shows tease you enough to be excited about 2013. Stay tuned for the more up to date list of new shows and returning shows. Happy week!
Also, check out my Etsy Store for some Christmas shopping!

1 comment:

Jamil R. Lahham said...

Just noticed you're following my short film blog and wanted to say Hi, and thanks for following. How are you doing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...