Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Advisement and poetry aka The Day of Random

Most modernist know of Etsy. (that's www.etsty.com) I'm new to the discovery, mostly cause I have a tendency to just want. Want anything. I want "things" and for a reason that Can Not be blamed on anyone or anything but my inner idWhat does my id scream? " BOOTS! GO FIND AMAZING BOOTS AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE PERFECT." 
Well today I took a gander on etsy. I typed in boots, then hit the vintage key and an immediate rush that can only be linked to that of illegal drugs overcame my breath. That same search came up with 11,000 boot options. 11,000. Pause and think, 11,000. 
I shit myself. Then with all my strength, I closed that tab and swore to never look at that again. At least until I have money to blow.
Fall is approaching and I'm just itching for perfect boots and comfortable long sweaters. I don't like cold weather, but I damn sure love the clothes.

Lastly, I leave you with an Ani Difranco poem. 
She is a hero to women with brains. She's the modern Dorothy Parker. She's been my survival and best friend (not literally, but figuratively) There hasn't been a strong moment in my life that didn't include an Ani song or poem. I'm grateful.
Enjoy

 "clip clop clack"

a girl with the sun of her youth
at her back
and the shadow of her womanhood
before her on the stones
is approaching with a delicate
clip clop clack
her sandals full of toes
that i suppose are headed home

it's early in the evening
and up and down the river
people begin to gather
pearls of laughter
on a strand
i thought solitude would save me
it was pious
it was grand
but the monk that walked beside me
just let go of my hand
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...