Saturday, April 14, 2012

Obvious Question Saturdays

Why is it illegal to leave dog poop in grass, but okay to leave a cigarette butt?

I was walking my dog the other day, annoyed that I had to pick up his shit, when I realized a sporadic litter of cigarette butts. Now, I'm hazy on my education, but I do remember something about poop being biodegradable and actually good for lawn growth. 
Cigarette butts are not.
You know what else isn't good for the earth or lawns or whatever you may stand up for; plastic. 
The plastic I have to use to pick up something biodegradable. 
And if I choose to ignore this inane law by leaving my dog's poop on the ground, I could be fined up to $2,500. 

This world is fucked, guys. We have it all backwards. 
Now, have a lovely weekend. 

1 comment:

tranxcend said...

Dog poop has to be picked up because no one wants to step in or see your dog's poop. No matter how cute or small it may be. If you want the privilege of a dog's company, you have to pick up its poop.

Also, poop on shoes doesn't go well with the carpet. $2,500 is a fair warning.

Cigarettes do have to be picked up because (even though paper is also biodegradable) no one wants to live in filth.

I'm sure you can buy biodegradable poop bags.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...