Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar Nods are out. yipee!

The day has arrived. Oscar nominations are out. I made a pledge to see every movie nominated for best picture and I'm happy to say that out of 9 nominated I've seen 6. AND I plan to see 2 more this week. I am refraining from seeing War Horse. So I'm losing my pledge, but I don't really care. It won't win.
Here are best picture nominations.
The Tree of Life (2011): Nominees to be determined
War Horse (2011): Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy

I'm mostly happy with all nominations. Most of what was expected.
Here are my disappointments:
Drive. It got a nod for Sound Editing. That's it. Boo.
And Young Adult didn't get diddly squat. No nods to Diablo Cody for her glorious original script.
My favorite movies of the year got shat on. Typical Academy. 
I still hold true that if Hugo wins Best Picture I will NEVER watch or care about this awards ceremony. 

On lighter, way happier notes.
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore (2011): William Joyce, Brandon Oldenburg
was nominated for Best Animated Short. 
I'm extremely happy about this cause that short was made in Shreveport by the lovely Moonbot Studios AND my husband has his name in the credits. He did a small amount. (Camera Operator Visual Effects & Behind the Scenes). 

If I were to judge my life success by that of the Academy (and I'm not saying that I do or don't) then by God, Bledska Works is one step closer. Right?  The logic works out in my head. 

For the complete list of Nominations go HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...