Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 TV Mindy's Best/Worst/Fun

The end of 2011 is near and reliving the best and worst moments makes me squeal like a 5 year old gay boy listening to Babs. 
Here's my take on stuff. Please keep in your head that "my best/worst" isn't based on anything but my feelings. That's it. There's no science, just my little ole opinion.

Best New TV Shows
1. Homeland. 
2. Revenge
3. American Horror Story
4. Suburgatory
5. Up all Night
6. 2 Broke Girls (it grew on me)

Worst New TV
1. H8R
2. Playboy Club
3. Charlie's Angels
4. Pan Am
5. Terra Nova

Best TV All around
1. Community (Please Come Back!!!!!!!!!)
2. Homeland
3. Dexter
4. Parks & Recreation
5. Revenge
6. The League
7. True Blood 
8. It's Always Sunny
9. Cougar Town

Best Guilty Pleasures
1. Gossip Girl
2. Bad Girls Club
3. Ringer
4. Project Accessory
5. Pretty Little Liars
6. Vampire Diaries
7. Platinum Hit
8. America's Next Top Model: All Stars
9. One Tree Hill
10. Jersey Shore 

As we can all see, I enjoy 'Guilty Pleasures' above all. That's because I like smiling and laughing and not taking it all too seriously. TV is meant to entertain. All my favorites, be it, guilty or best, entertain. And to each their own. Right? I mean, I can't explain how or why Jersey Shore entertains me. Wait, I can. They make me laugh! Their dumb, drunken antics make my jaw hang open just before it begins to vibrate with laughter. And thus, joy spreads through my body. Best medicine ever. 
I'm sure I could add lots of shows to my lists, but I really only have so much TV viewing time in a week. One day, I'll watch Game of Thrones and begin to understand why everyone is loving it. 
I attempted The Walking Dead, but became bored after 4 episodes. It happens. Not all TV is meant for everyone. Heavy dramas can be too exhausting for me. I'm hoping that the forthcoming seasons of Homeland don't turn into a 24. Meaning, I get bored and stop watching.  
The 2011 Fall TV line up was the best in years. And I would like to thank networks, writers, creators for bringing TV back to awesome. Even though Michael Scott left me, I still feel safe in NBC's Thursday night line-up. 
MidSeason shows are looking very promising too and I know I'll have plenty to say on those soon. 
As an added bonus, my husband has a few categories. 

Rob's Favorite New Reboot Show  
1. Thundercats

Rob's Most Disappointing Reboot Show
1. Transformers Prime  

Rob's Favorite TV of the Year
1. Community
2. It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia
3. The League
4. Thundercats
5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
6. Big Bang Theory
7. The Office
8. Up all Night
9. Cougar Town
10.How I Met Your Mother


How bout your thoughts. I'd love to read them. Bring it on.
Also, check back soon to hear my scathing Best/Worst Movies of the Year!!!! I'm sure it will spark debate.
    






 


1 comment:

Biz said...

You should watch Game of Thrones. It is the awesome. Plus lots of sex and blood and stuff and you should like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...