Monday, November 14, 2011

2 reasons Shreveport kinda Rocks......

Rob and I have been living in Shreveport for 3 years now. 3 years. And in that 3 year time period we haven't done much outside of working and hitting the plethora of bars. Now in our 30s (Rob's the big 30 tomorrow!!) we are looking for more substantial entertainment. Not that we're real adults or anything, just itching for something new. 
Our first venture away from the bars took us to the Louisiana State Fair. I LOVE fairs/carnivals. I have deep happiness associated with them since my childhood. But, this was my first Louisiana Fair. And we went on a Saturday night. I'm not a crowd person. Down right hate them. But I ventured there anyway. 
We didn't ride any rides.
We ate. 
And we ate. (And drank a couple of beers)
Damn fair food is AMAZING.
Best discovery of the night was the Cheddar Nuggets or as the Northern's say "cheese balls." Cheese balls were/are Rob's favorite food. I am quite partial to them also! You can't find cheese balls in the south. Cheese sticks? Yes. Cheese Balls? No. And really, they taste completely different! 
Here is the wonderful place that sold us 2 orders of Cheddar Nuggets.

We also had a blast taking pictures. Here's C3P0 holding the cheddar nugget.

 The following Saturday night, Rob surprised me with tickets to the Symphony. Sounds super fancy, right? Yep. But this wasn't just any Symphony, nope, it was Cirque De La Symphonie!
Not as extravagant as a real Cirque du Soleil, but it was damn enjoyable. And we had such a lovely time. Rob managed to sneak a picture during a performance. Shhh, don't tell anyone!! We had great seats and I didn't nod off once! It really was a wonderful night. 
I like my husband ;)

 So, you local Shreveportions, Shreveportinites, Shreveporters, Shreveportonians.....venture out. Try something new. Like hit the fair and ONLY focus on food. Or go to the Symphony. It's kinda awesome!

2 comments:

Patrick McBride said...

The picture of the Titanic slide was awesome. Wish I could have made it out there.

Anonymous said...

it does Poppi's heart good to see/hear my daughter in love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...