Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gynamstics.....how I love thee

The 2012 Olympics are approaching, which means, GYMNASTICS!!!
Summer Olympics are my favorite b/c of gymnastics. 
When I was a kid I would pretend to be Nadia Komenich. Which is laughable b/c I wasn't coordinated enough to walk, but never the less, I had dreams. Those dreams died with my sudden growth spurts and extended clumsiness. So, from there, I became an observer. 
I watched Mary Lou score a perfect 10. 
I watched Kerri Strug land on one foot which won the USA the Gold. 
(If you are human, then you cried. What a moment.)
I watched Shawn Johnson win the Gold in the all around. 
I'm a fan. I'm damned excited about the upcoming USA team. 
With that excitement in mind, I decided to look around the web and see what gymnastic gems I had missed when I came across this:


What in the what?!?!?!?
I'm freakin' blown away. I could watch this all day. But, more importantly, why in God's green pastures have I never seen this? 
My call to NBC (they are broadcasting the Olympics, right?) is to show more flips, more trampolines, more gymnastics all around. I love this stuff. 
***Waving Declaration***** ONE Day I WILL see the USA Gymnastics team compete live. Please o please make that dream come true. 
Or at least someone give me the funding to make a documentary about gymnasts and their road to the Olympic Games. 
This girl can dream. :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...