Thursday, September 29, 2011

Suburgatory = real TV potiental :)

Last night Suburgatory premiered. I had to watch this show strictly because I'm a Jeremy Sisto fan. (6 Ft. Under fans?) 

Premise of the show: A single, New York dad (Sisto) finds an unopened box of condoms in the drawer of his teenage daughter, thus prompting him to move them to the suburbs. Simple, easy premise. I give it Two Thumbs Up.

First, it's so nice to see a father/daughter interaction that is based in some actual communication and mutual respect. (Really, it's there. They argue, fight, but still communicate.) 
And the depiction of this suburb is funny, stepford wives funny, with Cheryl Hines shining like the comedic star she is. 
This show has so much potential and it is the lead in to Modern Family, which could really give it the viewership needed to last. 
I have high hopes for this show. Plus Alan Tudyk (Firefly) and Rex Lee (Entourage)and Allie Grant (Weeds) are also in the show. That's a lovely cast for me!

Downside? I'm not sure who the target audience is for this show. I'm not a parent, nor a teenager, but enjoy watching both parties. But, as I've stated, I can watch anything good. 
So I just recommend to all....try it out. It's 30 minutes of your life. You may laugh and just have to tune in again. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...