Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Sing Off

I've had a few request for me to watch The Sing Off. If you know me, it's no surprise how much I love music. So one would think, "Mindy will love this show." I'm sorry to disappoint. I don't love it. I enjoy some aspects, yes, but overall....eh.

First, Nick Lachey. Why am I always staring at his cocked hips? I feel like he's about to start dancing. He's strange to me. 

Second, the judges. They use lingo that I don't get. Mostly because the people on stage are doing things with their voices that I don't totally understand either. (However Sara Bareilles did make me laugh with her comment about being distracted by their good looks! LOL)

Third, and final. It's rare I want to listen to the songs performed by the groups outside of the show. There are some exceptions, but mostly we as viewers are just memorized by the TV format.
Granted, I'm wrong on some aspects. My mother loves this show and downloads the songs to listen to while she goes for her morning walks. And my mom is adorable. But I don't really want to listen to these songs while I do anything.......

BUT,  here is my one exception.  I did love this song before the group performed it, but, hell on wheels, they made me love it more. 

Maybe that's my overall problem with the show. They aren't re-inventing songs for me. This group did. And because of the performance below, I will watch again. 
Here is Delilah performing Grenade.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...